Gratitude

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. ~ Melody Beattie














Back in the late 90's I was deeply inspired by author Sarah Ban Breathnach's book "Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy". In it, she encourages her readers to begin keeping a 'Gratitude' journal. She suggests writing down 5 things you are grateful for each day. Simple or grand, silly or serious...but heartfelt. With each new calendar year I like to start fresh with a new notebook or journal to pen my gratitudes in.

This year I think I would like to do something a little differently. I would like to make Gratitude entries here on my blog as well. In addition to my 5 things I am grateful for I still plan to post whatever else strikes my fancy as well. Lucky you. Lol!

Today I am grateful for:

~My Husband's new job that came about from the right person at the right time.

~Having a rush free morning with enough time to make a delicious and healthy Smoothie for my husband and I.

~Receiving a touching email from a good friend that I am very happy to be back in contact with thanks to Facebook.

~Having a stormy day. The rain and wind feel like they have space cleared our town with water and air.

~That some of my sorrow over the recent loss of our sweet dog Gypsy is easing.


*If you would like to check out Sarah Ban Breathnach's site page about Gratitude. Here you are:
http://www.simpleabundance.com/gratitude_journal.html

Comments