Snake

Snake has been showing up for me again and it's been awhile so it is very welcome indeed. Snake has been one of my most potent personal messengers for most of my life. Over the years when Snake shows up I experience an inner knowing that I am on the right track in regards to my life and deeper personal matters, whatever it may be. Especially when it tends to follow a time of my having felt quite stuck, stagnant or blocked in some way and I have managed to breakthrough and get energy undulating once again. 

When I talk about snake "showing up" I am referring to my taking special notice of a snake appearance of some form that feels synchronistic. When I drew this Cobra oracle card this morning it was my 4th Snake appearance of some form over the course of five days. 


(Pic taken by me. Cobra card is from the )

The first appearance and most of exciting was when an actual snake, a large Garter snake, made it's way across the toe of my right shoe as I was harvesting St. John's Wort in a field. St. John's Wort is a very important plant to me for internal and external use for nerve pain especially and this is the time of year that it is blooming and ready for harvesting. 

The second appearance was a dream I had of me belly dancing with a green Python wrapped around my shoulders. 

The third appearance was just yesterday when a good friend of mine shared a picture of her holding a beautiful snake from the wild that she was wanting to keep as a pet which I did not agree with. So I could not help but do my best to persuade her to not make that choice because it truly does belong in Nature. There is rarely a good reason to take a creature from it's natural habitat and interrupt it's way of life in ways which we can not even comprehend. 

Even though these appearances in different forms may seem quite ordinary or mundane to many...they can be extraordinary and powerful to others like myself. It depends upon your perspective. After all..."The only difference between an extraordinary life and an ordinary one  is the extraordinary pleasures you find in ordinary things". ~ Veronia Vienne



Comments