Gold Beach

My husband and I went for a drive along the southern Oregon Coast today. As we made our way over to highway 101 we spotted...


A herd of Elk. This picture only shows about a third of the herd. 


and Great Egrets roosting in a tree. 
 


Then as we made our way south along 101 we glimpsed...


A Bald Eagle. I care for a disabled Bald Eagle that lives in captivity at the wild bird rehabilitation center where I work in Bandon. I consider myself very fortunate to be able to work with her, she is amazing. But observing them in the wild is always extra thrilling to me. 


When we arrived at our destination -- Gold Beach, Oregon -- we were surprised to find so much driftwood washed ashore...



As we walked along the beach we came across...

Ravens! One of which was quite a cooperative model.


We found this interesting. It resembled a giant Parsnip to me. Lol!


And my Mr. found an Agate.


It was a beautiful day in Gold Beach. About 15 years ago we lived in this town for 2 years and we loved it. However, a more prosperous job opportunity presented  itself leading us elsewhere. I will always look back very fondly to our time spent living where the Pacific Ocean and the great Rogue River meet. 

Comments