Autumn is a Second Spring

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf's a flower.
~ Albert Camus

Happy Autumn! For some reason I can not explain, I am extra excited about the arrival of Autumn this year. My husband and I celebrated the arrival of Autumn with a hike to one of our favorite waterfalls at a beautiful state park...


 and I baked an Autumn Equinox Apple Crisp like I usually do each year.


I had wanted to make something different this year such as these darling Apple tarts I came across but I was not feeling up to it. Especially after the 6 mile hike the day before. I am planning on it next year and maybe even sooner.


Autumn heralds the inward time of the year for me. A time of year when simple comforts are all the more sweeter. Time for soft sweaters, scarves and shawls. Swishing skirts with cotton leggings and a new pair of boots (fingers crossed). Soups, stews and casseroles from scratch of course. Pumpkin as much as possible please. Much more reading as well as candlelight. Tea in vintage tea cups (I'll take the Blue Willow) and cozy moments wrapped in a soft crocheted blanket.

Speaking of reading my first two books of Autumn are:


and...




☽★☾
 

Comments