Its Never too Late??

"It's never too late to be who you might have been." ~ George Eliot


 
 
When I was 19 years old I began working for a health and new age product distributor  called Wishing Well Distributing Company in Graton, California in Sonoma County. We sold products to health foods stores, metaphysical shops, massage therapists and other 'alternative' practitioners and businesses all over the US and Canada. It was right up my alley because I had grown up with a Mother who was natural health oriented and by osmosis I was too. So the shelves of Vitamins, Supplements, Herbs, Flower & Gem Essences, Natural Beauty Products, Incense, Books, Videos, etc. were nothing new to me but thrilling just the same. Especially with the job perk of sampling new products. What?...a  super B-complex in gel form that you put in your nostrils? Sure! I'll give it a go. Lol!
 
A coworker of mine at the time mentioned to me that she had signed up for an herb class an evening or two a week taught by a lovely, knowledgeable and very likeable herbalist and author named...Rosemary Gladstar. My coworker thought I would be interested in taking the classes too which I was but my weeks were already filled to the brim with a full-time job, evening classes at the Santa Rosa Junior College and a boyfriend. So I figured I could just take the class in the near future...
 
Well it turned out that, that was not meant to be exactly. A few years later at the beginning of the 90's Rosemary Gladstar relocated to the east coast. However my interest in herbs and natural health never waned. 
 
Fast forward about 20 years later and I somehow happened upon Rosemary Gladstar's Sage Mountain Herbal Retreat website where I saw that she offered an herbal home study course called "The Science and Art of Herbology". Exciting! But also disappointing because I did not have the money to sign up for her class at the time. It can often feel like "it's always something" in life. Lol! It remained at the top of my wish list though and about 2 years later I registered and shortly after received my BIG binder full of herbal curriculum goodness.
 
So here I am at age 45 enjoying the course, playing and working with plants as well as learning a lot. I HIGHLY recommend it. It is the next best thing to being Rosemary's student in person. It is also the best I can do to reconcile my personal regret of not choosing to take her class in person when I was younger. But better late than never because its never too late to be who you might have been and I feel as if I am becoming more of the Herbalist I always wanted to be. 
 
~Wishes of Wellness until next time
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
About Rosemary Gladstar:
 
(Photo source: Pinterest)
 
 

Comments