Farewell 'Greenie' the Green Heron...

I am posting this to share the beauty and happiness of a successful rehabilitation and release of a special bird that stole our hearts at the Wild Bird Rehabilitation and Education Center where I work. He was in our care for about 6 weeks. He had fallen from his nest and unfortunately could not be put back in. He was a challenge for us in regards to his diet but once we got it right he really began to thrive. Every thing about his case seemed miraculous.

I would like to thank the caring family (you know who you are) that called us to take over his care. None of this would have been possible otherwise. Caring public citizens are often the ones who truly save their lives :-)

Goodbye Green Heron, we wish you a Free Flight and happy life...


The moment after I took the pic above he flew out of the crate, over my head and right into one of the MANY Trees beside the waters edge about 6 ft. above me...


Then he climbed even higher about 10 feet above me...


He looked around a bit...

Then began to preen (I apologize for the blurriness)...
This was my view from where I stood, to the left of the Trees he was in...
007.jpg
Plenty of Trees with low branches that grow right out into the water...
Plenty of Plants, Frogs, Fish and Insects. We often see Great Blue Herons here but not today...
And plenty of room to roam...

Comments